Anyways, today's Tuesday Tell All topic is Graduation.
My graduation took place on May 28, 2002. Our graduating class was less than 150, so we held commencement exercises in our school's gym. My graduation was pretty run of the mill...I think it only took about an hour and a half from start to finish. Both our valedictorian and two salutatorians spoke, we had our names called and walked across the stage to recieve our quasi diplomas (aka diploma covers...we got the actual diplomas afterwards) then we were done!
A few things that I would consider unique about my graduation:
- Many people remeber our graduation date as the day that Shelley Junior High burnt down (no joke-we could hear the fire truck sirens as we mingled outside afterwards.)
- The girls had red caps and gowns; the boys had black. At all the other graduations I've been to everyone had the same color.
- Our class motto (which everyone thought was kinda lame because it sounded like something that would go in an obituary) "wish not so much to live long as to live well" came off the back of a sweetened condensed milk can. One of our class officers forgot he was supposed to pick a motto out, so the day it was due he was scrambling around trying to find something and low and behold...his pantry held the answer!
Overall, I have nothing but great memories about my graduation day. It was a great way to end four fabulous years of high school. Hooray for the Class of 2002!

3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! It seriously came off of a Condensed Milk can?! I had no idea, that is so funny! Graduation was so fun though! High school held so many good times-- espcially show choir trips.. Oh so sweet... But glad to be moving on to real life things too! Glad the train ride went well! Macy is just so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Hopefully next year, we are really trying to move to Ogden/Provo, so hopefully!
Hey, I didn't know that about the motto either. How funny! You know, maybe the reason it was on the sweetened condensed milk is because it's not that healthy for you and that was their way of saying, "Eat this! It'll kill you, but it'll be darn tasty!"
You'll probably never see this comment. But today I was looking frantically for the date of our graduation (I'm filling out an application for Grad School) and it needed the exact date. So lame! Anyway, i couldn't find it till I googled Shelley Junior High Burned 2002. It worked. You're a lifesaver.
Post a Comment