Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sometimes I Straight Up Hate Rich People

So Macy and I are at the library the other day and I see this mom with the cutest diaper bag. Since I'm never above asking people where they get their stuff, I say: "Oh! Cute bag...where did you get it?"

Apparently rich chick replies, "Thanks. It's a brand called Petunia Pickle Bottom. I bought mine online. They're not that expensive."

So last night I hop on the Internet, figuring I'll pick a few out to give to Brett for birthday ideas.


Like this one...


or maybe this one...




or even this one.

Then, I look at the prices (which conveniently won't appear until you put the item in your shopping cart). $167.00, $154.00 and $179.00, respectively.

For a diaper bag?!? Hush your mouth, apparently rich girl. I'd hate to know what you spend on jeans...

12 comments:

The Pedersen Haus said...

I was cracking up at your title!!! I'm so on your team. I did really love the one in the middle though. So much so it might keep me up at night (I have a weird bag thing).

Tim and Amber said...

maybe you could find a pattern to make one similar...rich people stink :)

Jared and Karissa said...

Super CUTE bags--- SUPER UGLY PRICE!!! SErioulsy people, 150PLUS just to carry diapers around?! Loved your post!

WX Ences said...

Seriously, who blows that kind of money on a bag? Not me. I would croak before I spent that on a bag. What do you do the first time your kids wipes poop on it...have a hear attack?!?!?!

Phillip and Maggi said...

HA HA HA HA HA That is why we are best friends! Because I almost peed while reading that, and because you would post something like that on your blog. Ha Ha Ha. Still funny...

Peterson Family said...

Wow! I agree with you! I don't even like to pay more than $30 for a diaper bag! It is unimaginable to me that people pay that much for a bag, let along a diaper bag!!

Carlson Clan said...

CRAZY! I just spent $40 and got a diaper bag, purse and wallet that matches both. Go to ttihandbags.com. If you order over $100 you get their wholesale prices so my sisters and I always get a bunch of people together to order purses. So call some friends and place an order! BTW - thank you so much for your email. I'll be writing you back but basically, you totally made me feel better. Love ya!

michelle said...

So I can't believe I haven't been to you blog before because you are HILARIOUS! I could only afford a diaper bag of that amount if I had a second job and I refuse to sell crack or pimp myself. Unless you plan to have like a dozen more babies it is so not worth it.
Hope she has fun telling her daughter what happened to her college fund! :)

Daina said...

Whoa. How would it be to spend that much on ANYTHING and then say "Oh, it wasn't that expensive". In my dreams!

Heidi and Michael said...

Oh my gosh... I'm laughing SO hard right now!! I needed something to cheer me up and your post did just that! Seriously, I'd rather choke and die than spend that much on a diaper bag. I just don't get it. Seriously, once again... a DIAPER BAG!! Whoa. Anywho, sorry about the change in plans tonight. I've definitely been feeling under the weather. Hope to feel better soon so we can all PLAY!!!!!!!

Asia said...

I'm with you on this. My sister-in-law just spent $300 for maternity jeans and she bought two pair????? I am fine using the free diaper bags they give you in the hospital and I have had the same purse for like almost 8 years. It definitely is time to invest in a new one. I hope your are feeling okay. Love ya.

Elsha Christensen said...

Seriously..... rich lady needs to eat it!! You crack me up! Also you are so stinking cute pregnant! Love ya