Friday, October 2, 2009

Hogle Zoo

We have been wanting to take Macy to a zoo for a long time, but just never seemed to be able to find a good time to go. So when Brett was able to take a half day off today, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go up to Hogle Zoo.




We got to see Zuri, the new baby elephant that was born in August. Right as we got there, Zuri decided to lay down for a nap, so we didn't get any good pictures of her. She was pretty cute through!


Giraffes have always been one of my favorite animals to see at the zoo. They also had a baby giraffe there, but it was impossible to get close enough for a picture. (The crowds were terrible...I blame the fact that it's UEA weekend.)


Macy LOVED the gorilla. She really liked all the animals, but she watched the gorilla forever. I was so glad that she got to see him this close.

1 comment:

Heidi and Michael said...

How fun!! I LOVE THE ZOO! I've been begging Michael to go. I should've tagged along with you guys! Ha ha!!! Way cute pictures. I want to see the new baby elephant SO bad!