Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July Fun

We had such a blast this 4th of July. Even though we didn't do any of the traditional things (Macy, a.k.a our alarm clock, slept in on Saturday morning, so we missed the parade. We also ended up skipping fireworks because 10:30 is just too late for Miss M.) we still had an excellent holiday.


Brett and his brothers, Austin and Chase, competed in a 3 on 3 tournament in West Point on Friday evening and Saturday morning.


Here's an action shot of Team 'Zish. (The name "Zish" is another Mike Carter-ism. Apparently one day when all the guys were out playing basketball, Mike told Chase he needed to get some "Zish," which apparently is the shortened version of position.) :)


The park that the tournament was held at also had a bunch of booths and different things going on, so between games we walked around to look at everything. Austin wanted to get a picture with Macy and these enormous snakes...I was all too happy to be the picture taker.


Later that evening, we took Macy to her first baseball game. We had lawn seats, so we just laid our blankets out and let Macy play around us. I don't think we could have convinced her to sit in a regular seat for more than 5 minutes, so it was the perfect set up. The Bees' mascot came by about halfway through the game, so we took her over to see him. I thought she would freak out once she got close to him, but she gave him a high five and kept reaching for him after we walked away. After he was gone, she kept looking around, then doing the sign for bee.


How great it is that we have a holiday to celebrate this amazing country that we live in? I will never pass up the chance to say how wonderful America is. I love living here and am truly proud to be an American. Happy 4th of July everyone!

1 comment:

Asia said...

We were at the same carnival with the basketball games and snakes. I probably walked right by you and didn't even realize it. We should hang out more especially when we are in the same place at the same time:)