Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sea World

We went to Sea World the day before leaving California. The last time I was there was my senior year in high school and it was so cold on the day we went that I didn't remember much of what was there. I was pretty excited to go again.


The Shamu show is so cool. I am still amazed at how huge those whales are. This area was also the setting for Macy's first kiss. She wasn't too keen on the whole sitting for a half an hour idea, so I took her out to run around for awhile. There was a little boy about the same age as Macy running around, so I let her down to see if they would play together. They kind of walked up to each other, then the boy leaned in and planted one right on her. The best part was when Macy pulled back and then proceeded to push the little boy away. If only she keeps that attitude up through high school...


The sting ray exhibit was quite literally my worst nightmare come true. I am scared to death of these disgusting creatures and am terrified that someday I am going to be swimming in the ocean and one of them is going to wrap its nasty black blanket body around me and sting/shock me to death. (And don't give me any of the "they're not dangerous" crap. How did Steve Erwin, the "animal master" die? Yeah...that's what I thought.)


I don't know what it is about manatees. I think they are just about the cutest things ever. Kind of a cross between a puppy and....well...something else as equally cute.


Sea turtles are my other favorite. I want to convert our backyard into a beach so I can have one live with us. How rad would that be?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I remember going to sea world! It was very cool. I love that Macy pushed the little boy away! Good girl Macy!!