Both Brett and I have experienced some changes in our jobs this past week, so I thought I'd give a little update as to what we've been up to in the employment area of our lives.
Friday, June 20th was Brett's last day working as a sales rep at Trace Minerals Research. He was kind of sad to be leaving, because the majority of the guys he worked with there shared his obsession with all things sports (specifically basketball.) I'm not sad at all, because it means he is no longer working on straight comission. Hooray! Anyways, Brett is now working at Hill Air Force Base as a staffing specialist. It is technically an internship, but as long as he doesn't make any HUGE mistakes, he'll be able to stay on once he graduates, which is such a blessing for our family. It is nice to not have to worry about whether or not he'll be able to find a job once he graduates.
Monday, June 23rd was my last day as the principal's secretary/cheerleading coach at Kennedy Junior High. I am extremely sad to be leaving. I've worked there for three years and really came to enjoy the work I did and the people I worked with. But, Brett and I decided that it would be best for our family if I stayed home to take care of Macy. Sucky thing is, we can't exactly live on one income (at least not until Brett graduates), so I am now in the process of finding a new job that I can do at night (so Brett can be home to watch Macy) or something that Macy can come with. I'm opting for option #2...so let me know if you hear of anything. I've had a couple of interviews for nanny positions, but nothing has worked out as of yet. This isn't exactly an ideal situation, but thank goodness it won't be forever.
3 comments:
Hey lady! Congrats on the many family changes--good luck finding a new job! I too, totally understand the "stay home with the kids, but hard to live off of one income (or lack their of..oh well:)Only one more year!) Anyways, one idea might be to work at a nursery at a local gym. You can take her with you-- plus get a free membership usually! :) Let us know how it goes-- good luck!!!!
When Adam was in school and I refused to leave Luke with a sitter I did day care for just one or two other little kids during the day. It definitely helped until he graduated and got job. Good luck!
Yeah for the changes!! Good luck with the job hunt, it's a huge leap of faith. Good for you, you'll never regret it!! I wish we could hang out since your day schedule is a little more open, but I suck and moved to the cooler Idaho.
Post a Comment