Most of you who know me know that I am not a gardener. Plants have pretty much no chance of survival when I am in charge of them. I even managed to kill my sister Sarah's stick of bamboo...those things are supposed to be able to withstand anything!
However, my thumb is starting to turn the slightest shade of green. The perennials that Brett and I planted last year came back! I was so excited to see our little cheddar pinks blossoming.
Aren't they pretty? We also planted some orange ones (can't remember their name) that seem to be doing pretty good too.

Our yard and flower beds are finally starting to come together. It has taken us almost three summers to clear out all the weeds and start planting flowers, but our little yard is starting to look pretty good. It is definitely a work in progress. Every year we buy a few more flowers and try to kill a few more weeds. This summer my goal is to kill all the morning glory in the backyard (or at least keep it from winding itself around the chain link fence that separates our backyard from our neighbors) and get the backyard flower beds ready for some flowers next summer.
2 comments:
Wow! Good job! I can't even keep house plants alive!!!
Looks great! Gardening is exciting; I didn't think I could do it either, but I planted some trees and bushes this year. So fun! My friend in Layton just finished weeding a morning glory patch. You should check it out at http://sethandrebeccablackson.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment