Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold Doesn't Even Begin to Explain It

To say it has been cold the last few days would be an understatement. It has been downright frigid.

Just how cold has it been?

Well, yesterday Macy and I decided to make recycled crayons for little friendy Valentine's Day gifts.


After they were completely melted, we set them on the back porch to cool. Apparently the wind was blowing a lot stronger than I realized, because a few minutes later when I went to check on our crayons, I found this...


Yes folks, those are streams of crayon wax that didn't even hit the pavement before hardening.

Cold? Yeah...just a little bit.

3 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

I am so sorry Amanda!! I don't miss the cold at all! I can only imagine how cold it is there if I have been feeling freezing here! I love the idea of recycled crayons, cute idea!!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, that is hilarious! it HAS been freezing!

Kamal and Amber said...

What a cute idea and YES it has been cold. I hope you got my message about Krish being sick on Monday - that is why we weren't there. I sent a text to Julie - I need to get your cell phone number.