Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Slacker Mom Cookies, Part Two

I've decided that cookies with less than 5 ingredients should be illegal. The easier they are, the more I make them. This might explain why I am dangerously close to having THAT talk with my OBGYN...you know, the one where they sit you down and attempt to tell you that you that you are gaining more pregnancy weight than necessary without igniting your 3rd trimester hormones? You've never had that? Yeah...me neither.

Anyways, here's another cookie recipe worthy of the Slacker Mom title. Enjoy!


Chewy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies

1 package devil's food cake mix
4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used the 1/3 less fat kind and they turned out fine)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375. Place all ingredients in large bowl and beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes on low, then for 2 minutes on medium.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flatten each ball in a criss-cross pattern with tines of a fork dipped in sugar.

Bake 7-8 minutes.

7 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

Yum! Good thing I am going to the grocery store today bc I just might add that to the list!! Excited to try it!! Where are the prego belly pics???!!

the fellers said...

wow, those look so good, and seriously? I dont think you look big at all....I am jealous actually!

michelle said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I will make several batches, eat them all myself and then be your fat friend at the pool...I got your back!

Cass said...

mmmmm,they sound so good. I would have absolutely no will power with that kind of recipe. Yikes, dangerous things.

Peterson Family said...

Yummy!!!

Asia said...

I am excited to make these for my sister in law who just had her 7th baby yesterday. I can't believe you are past the 30 week mark. I don't know if you are having a shower or not, but I think when a woman has a baby girl then a bay boy it is okay to have another shower. I'd be happy to coordinate it or help in anyway.

Anna Lankford said...

I am going to make these for my bookclub Wednesday night...how can you go wrong with only 4 ingredients? BTW, how did you like the finale of LOST? We are still a little....lost that is.