Sunday, December 19, 2010

December Discoveries

1. Full sweater jumpsuits are totally sweet...

...as long as you're only 4 months old.

2. Art projects with Grandma are always fun...



...especially when you get to eat them afterwards.

3. I like baking cookies...

...I do not like baking 18 dozen in one day.

4. Kids younger than 6 months old need no prepping before visiting Santa...


...almost 3 year olds need lots of it. (Is it considered a threat if you tell your child that they aren't going to get anything for Christmas unless they tell Santa what they want?)

5. Registering cars in Utah still sucks.

Registration is $139.50 per car, PLUS $75 for safety and emissions testing. Have you no soul Utah State Tax Commission?

6. Some messes...



...are totally worth it.

Also, if gingerbread men relied on Brett for their housing...

...they would all be homeless. (Brett's "finished" gingerbread house pictured above.)

7. No matter how hard you try to avoid the bishopric, they will find you and ask you to speak in sacrament meeting the day after Christmas.

And apparently, the "but I just had a baby" excuse is no longer valid for me. Bummer.

2 comments:

Anna Lankford said...

Those cookies look yummy! Recipe please! I am still using the 3 ingredient cake mix cookies I discovered from you the last time.:)

Tonya said...

Amanda, you are so hilarious. I can't believe how much it is to register one car there in Utah. That is a huge rip off. Your kids are so adorable!