Friday, April 30, 2010

Man Cave Additions

You know it's been an extremely uneventful couple of weeks when I resort to posting about happenings in our garage. Oh well...

Ever since we bought our home, Brett has desperately tried to make the garage "his." And although my seemingly never ending storage boxes of baby clothes, holiday decorations, etc. always threatens to take over, he has managed to remain king of the man cave.


The latest (and most popular) addition. Brett found this TV stand at D.I. and was like a kid a Christmas. Now he can not only watch TV in the comfort of our living room, but our garage as well. [Insert eye roll here.]


Macy's addition-which will be moved outside if the weather ever decides to start cooperating. I saw this idea in Parents magazine and was totally excited to give it a try. It's got all of the fun of a traditional sandbox, but without the mess (since they don't sit in it). Plus it can easily be covered to deter the thousands of feral cats that seem to roam our backyard from using it as a bathroom.


My addition to the man cave...which Brett is not super excited about. In fact, he made me swear to him (before he would agree to drag it from our neighbor's discard pile on neighborhood clean up day) that I would have it out of the garage within two months. I know nothing about upholstery, so hopefully I can figure something out within the next month and a half. Otherwise, look for this baby on KSL.


And while this is technically not a new addition to the man cave, I couldn't resist posting a picture of it. (Just don't ask me how I got it.)

4 comments:

blakecgriffin said...

I think I remember how you got that...

Daina said...

I love it. How big is that tote that you have the sand in? I've been trying to talk Trent into a sandbox but we didn't want our dog using it and the ones with the cover are not only expensive but so big and I'm going to want to be able to put it in the garage in the winter. Great idea!

WX Ences said...

Man Cave...hahahaha...so true.

Carlson Clan said...

Ha! Love the sign! So cute. I love the sandbox idea. Just might have to steal that from you. I miss you tons girl!