Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gimme 5

So, as of today, Brett and I have known each other for a whopping five years. I know people probably think it's kind of geeky to remember (and celebrate) the day you met, but I think we do it mostly because we're proud of the fact that we actually remember what day it was!
In honor of us knowing each other for five fabulous years, here are five sets of five random things about us.

5 Bands/Singers Brett Always Skips When They're Listening to Amanda's I-pod:
1. Scissor Sisters
2. Rascal Flatts
3. Mika
4. The Grease Soundtrack
5. Britney Spears

5 Movies Brett Swears Are Works of Art, But Amanda Knows Are Lame:
1. Golden Child
2. Rad
3. Roadhouse
4. Better Off Dead
5. Goonies

5 Restaurants We Think Rock
1. Texas Roadhouse
2. Iggy's
3. Firehouse Pizza
4. Jimmy John's
5. Cafe' Rio


5 Fun Places We've Been
1. Cabo San Lucas
2. New York City
3. Maui, Hawaii
4. Miami, Florida
5. Seaside, Oregon

5 Weird Things We Do Together
1. Rap about Maggie Gyllenhall's unattractiveness
2. Talk to each other in Brandon Carr's voice ("You're really wrong today, pussycat.")
3. Act like we're totally rocking out to a song on the radio when random cars pull up next to us at stoplights
4. Make up nicknames for all the workers at the gas station we frequent (Scraggle-Nasty is our favorite name, but least favorite cashier...go figure.)
5. Frequently try to sing the lyrics to the Black Eyed Peas song "My Humps" without any cd assistance

Here's to five years!

6 comments:

Anna Lankford said...

You guys are hilarious...I wish we lived closer! BTW, Adam totally wants to do the LOST finale...we are trying to get his mom to watch the kids. Congrats on 5 years...of knowing eachother;)

WX Ences said...

Congrats guys!!! Loved the random 5 things...too funny!

May 24th 1999 was our first date. We had met only twice before that (two days earlier at a BBQ and then one random time a week or two before was the first time we ever saw each other). I think that's a very cool things to remember!

Melissa said...

That is quite possibly the funniest things I've ever read in my life! I love it! Especially the rapping and "My Humps" bit!! lol

Peterson Family said...

You are so funny! You always make me laugh! And your so stinkin' creative! I love it! Congrats on the 5 years you've known each other!!

Phillip and Maggi said...

ALBEDO! Seriously laughing out loud, then read them to Phillip and laugh some more. Scraggle-Nasty?!? Classic.

Miss you like nobody knows!

Elsha Christensen said...

I am so going to start calling my dog scraggle-nasty! I love that name!