Everybody has one...or several. Those songs that you think you know the words to, that you sing at the top of your lungs for years until one day you're with someone who asks you to repeat what you just sang, laughs their head off, then informs you that you are essentially, completely wrong.
For example...
Song: White Winged Dove by Stevie Nicks
Lyrics according to Brett: "Just like the one winged girl..."
Actual lyrics: "Just like the white winged dove..."
Song:How's It Going To Be by Third Eye Blind
Lyrics according to Amanda: "Sometimes I want to clear the air!"
Actual lyrics: "The soft dive of oblivion!"
Song: Miami by Will Smith
Lyrics according to Brett's sister Shawnee: "Welcome to Miami, the beaches are so sandy."
Actual lyrics: "Welcome to Miami, bienvenido a Miami."
Song: La Cucaracha (the Mexican cockroach song)
Lyrics according to Amanda's mom Sherri: "On my pony coming home."
Actual lyrics: "Ya no puede caminar."
Song: Dirty Deeds by ACDC
Lyrics according to Brett's boss' wife: "Dirty deeds and the Dunder chief."
Actual lyrics: "Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap."
Have any of your own mixed up lyrics? Be sure to share them!
3 comments:
I think that is hilarious! I know I do this all the time, but can't think of one right now! I'm sure they'll will come to be later. My favorite one is your mom, on my pony coming home! That's hysterical!
Those are hilarious. My favorite one of Heidi is to Bette Midler's: Wind Beneath My Wings. Heidi's lyrics "I can fly higher than a negro.." actual lyrics: "I can fly higher than an eagle.." Granted she thought that's what it was when she was much younger but it still makes me laugh!
In my defense, I was only 5 when I sang about the pony... Aunt Claudia's is definitely a keeper - Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" and the punch line is... "No, I won't have saute no more." and it should have been..."No, I won't hesitate no more."
Post a Comment