Thursday, January 29, 2009

January...Blerg

January is by far one of the longest months. I think it's the combination of post-holiday letdown and cabin fever that makes me detest this time of year. Because January is so lame, I am blaming it for my little bloggity blog neglect. It's a good thing Macy was born in January, or I would literally have nothing worthwile to write about.

Anyways, since there isn't much to do this month, I have spent a lot of time blog jogging and thought I would share a few of my favorite blogs (other than family/friends' blogs of course.) And, if you have any blogs you love, be sure to let me know! I'm always looking for something to do other than housework or homework.

Tip Junkie
In my opinion, this is the crafty blog of all crafty blogs. There are tons of ideas for different projects and tons of links to other craft project blogs. The only bad part about this blog is picking which project to do!

My Food Storage Deals
Along with giving you lots helpful hints on everything to do with food storage, it also has some great recipies. The recipies are pretty easy, and a lot of the ingredients come from what you should have in your food storage, helping you to rotate through things. (Notice I write "what you should have in your food storage"....while I love this blog, I have yet to really do much with all the good tips. I blame it on lack of room. If only we didn't have to rent out our basement! It has a huge closet that will be perfect for food storage someday.)

Executive Homemaker
Okay, so this one isn't technically a blog, but it's a pretty good website. It's got a bunch of random stuff from ways to get organized to pictures of home decor. There are also lots of ideas for activities you can do with young kids (many of which have gone over great with the nanny kids...look up the game "Don't Eat Pete.") You do have to sign up/create an account to be able to download the printable stuff, but it's free and doesn't take very long.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I had to laugh when you mentioned Don't Eat Pete! I don't know about you, but someone in that ward we were in when we were in elementary school gave that game to my family, because it was by far the most hilarious FHE game we would play . . . we would beg for it! And the best part was when we'd make one of our little siblings cry because we scared them from shouting "DONT EAT PETE" so incredibly loud! :) Sorry, random . . . :)

Cass said...

Thanks for sharing the great blogs. I always love new resources! I'm gonna have to say though I really disagree with your view of January, I think it's fabulous. Maybe because I celebrate my birth, I may be biased.

Kam Family said...

I love tip junkie too! It has seriously become one of my favorite blogs.. Next year when I live in UT(knock on wood) we'll have to get our kids together and do the fun crafts with them. And we'll have to do some together. I'm dying to make the button-heart pillow!

Peterson Family said...

Oh your daughter is so adorable!! The new (or just new to me because I haven't checked your blog for a while) pictures of her in the white are sooo cute! I love them! And thanks for the blog ideas--it's always fun to waste time checking out new things!

Heidi and Michael said...

January is WAY lame!! I'm so tired of winter, I seriously hate it. Its depressing and cold and there's NOTHING to do!!!!!!! Hope you guys are doing well!