
Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law who were more than willing to watch Macy, Brett and I got a chance to float Henry's Fork. It was so relaxing. (This picture was actually taken on the dock after we floated the river. All the pictures we tried to take of ourselves while in the boat have at least one of our heads choppped off.

After dinner one night, we took a quick drive to Big Springs, which is home to some of the biggest trout I have ever seen. They usually hide out under this bridge, so we brought cut up hot dogs to throw in the water to lure them out.

We spent an afternoon in West Yellowstone, wandering around and looking in various shops. (Being the genius parents we are, we forgot to pack any kind of stroller or baby backpack and had to take turns carrying Macy. Luckily, she was in a good mood and handled it really well.)

As an early birthday present, Brett took me to the Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone. We saw the show "Hello Dolly." It was excellent! This was my third time seeing a show at the Playmill, and I was impressed as I always am.

We had such a blast in Island Park and are hoping to make the trip to the cabin a summer tradition. Brett and I both grew up in families that loved to camp, and we can't wait to do the same with our family.
2 comments:
How fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I bet it was nice to just get away! Can you believe we've both been married almost 3 yrs? Time definitely flies when you're having fun and what a wonderful 3 yrs its been!! We've made some great memories with you guys.
Did you see old faithful? Does it ever seem rather anti-climactic? It's more fun watching tourists, which is sort of hypocrticial(or an oxymoron-not knowing which term appropriately applies is not a positive testament to the calibur of my BYU education...) because I think technically I would count as a tourist.
Post a Comment