We recently got back from our annual trip to Island Park. We spent the first week of August at Brett's great aunt's cabin along with his parents, his sister Shawnee and her friend Kelsey.
We floated the river on our first day there and saw two moose (or moosen, for you Brian Regan fans out there.) Macy thought they were horses at first, then decided they were cows...I guess moose sounds a lot like "mooo."
We took a trip into Yellowstone National Park and went swimming at Firehole, which is supposed to be pretty warm. It wasn't. In fact, it was so cold, that Brett lost his wedding ring! (You know how your fingers get skinnier when they're cold? That's what his did, and his ring just slid right off.) Luckily (and I do mean VERY luckily), there was a husband and wife decked out in their scuba gear who offered to dive and look for Brett's ring. It only took them 5 minutes to find it. Apparently they dive around there often and are always finding people's rings for them.
Here's a picture of Brett and Macy going down to the creek to catch "mimos."

We also spent a little bit of time in West Yellowstone. Macy has a thing for buffaloes, so she had a blast walking up and down the streets trying to find them all.
Proof that I actually was on this trip...
We also stopped by Big Springs so Macy could get a look at the gigantic fish.
What a great vacation. Brett got to fish a couple of mornings, Macy got to run around, get dirty and play in the water and I actually finished a book! We're already looking forward to next year's trip.





5 comments:
Hi Amanda! I found your blog on Jen's blog and had to check it out. Your daughter is so cute and you look amazing as always! I am glad to see that you are doing well. Take Care!
Looks like a lot of fun! Sweet shout out to Brian Reagan! :)
I totally know how that is when you're behind the camera the whole time. You look incredible. Mark lost his wedding ring after we had only been married for like a year and unlike you we weren't lucky enough to find it. That's awesome. Looks like a fun vacation!
Amanda you look so good!!! Looks like you guys had a great trip!
Wow, that is amazing that you found his ring! What a blessing! Looks like you have been having a ton of fun! Good luck with school, being a mom (and dad, not you your husband), and with everything else that life brings your way! I totally look up to women who go to school after having children because I really don't think I'd survive! GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment